The 60s Official Site Blog

Dedicated to the memory and history of the 60s from a personal and historical point of view.

<

Monday, April 09, 2007

Where Were You on October 11, 1964?

Have you ever heard a song and made you think back to something that may have happened during your life when that song was playing? I have and still do.

Maybe your first date with that special somebody? What song makes your reflect back to then? Your prom date? Who was it with and what song was popular then? Your wedding day? (or now a days maybe wedding days) Birthday or somebody else birthday. What was the popular song then?

I know that on October 11, 1964 I was riding in a car with three buddies of mine on a rainy night down Highway 188 just outside of Lancaster, Ohio. Of course the driver was going way too fast for even for dry road, alone a wet one, when we hit a curve in the road and did a 360 in the middle of the road and hit the ditch and the back end of the car smashed into a telephone pole. Luckily nobody was hurt and the car was drivable. But as the car was spinning around, which seemed like an eternity, I saw my whole life pass in front of me. The entire 16 years of my life playing like an old re-run movie on TV. Has this ever happened to you?

Of course like everybody else, when you cruise you always had the radio blaring. The song that was playing at that particular time was Last Kiss by J. Frank Wilson. A morbid song for what had just occurred. From that day on when I hear that song I remember that incident like it was yesterday. You might say it became known as my unlucky song.

Whenever that song ever played again we would either switch radio stations or turn it off. I certainly don't feel the same about the song today but nonetheless my mind wanders back to October 11, 1964.

That gave me the idea to add something new to my website. What were the top ten songs on a particular date in the 1960s. Do you have a special day you want to check out? Visit this link and have fun.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home