The 60s Official Site Blog

Dedicated to the memory and history of the 60s from a personal and historical point of view.

<

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Succession" An Outstanding Novel by Herbert Lobsenz

I just completed reading an outstanding novel by Harper Prize Winner author Herbert Lobsenz.  This book is an awesome page turner. I relaxed on Sunday morning picked up the book and spent 6 1/2 hours reading this splendid story that has the back drop of the 60s. The novel takes place at the end of the Kennedy Camelot period.   The main character is Jake Garrison who is tasked to take care of his dying father who wants nothing but to die with dignity and asks Jake for his assistance.  Jake is a paranoid individual that is a New York big business hatchet man who becomes a partner to a sleazy associate. His associate asks Jake to downsize Kennsington Typewriters, a once successful but now failing company.  Jake's wife, Diane, is carrying his  child but not sure if it is his.    Who can you trust?  What side are these characters on as they try to out manipulate one another?  Excellent reading and definitely a quality page turner with a few twists and turns.  I highly recommend this to all my followers of The 60s Official Site. 
 


Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Eugenia Parrish said…

    Found it at Amazon finally. Looks like a goodie! I can only afford the Kindle version, but I look forward to reading more of it (sneaked a peek at the first pages).

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Marina Aimer said…

    Thanks for the suggestion! I love to read and am always running out of books and authors! Have not been able to find it yet, but will look on Amazon, as I can find everything there. From reviews i have seen, it looks interesting!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous terri said…

    Sounds almost like the heady 80's set in the 60's. I'll have to check it out!

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Marina Aimer said…

    What a great read this is! I found it on Amazon for my iPad. Such a compelling and interesting story! Started reading last night. Was only going to read for a little while but could not put it down! Fell asleep reading it, and picked it back up today. But only for a few minutes, as I had taxes to do! finally finished that, and I am getting back to reading Succession now. Thanks for the suggestion about this fascinating book!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home