The 60s Official Site Blog

Dedicated to the memory and history of the 60s from a personal and historical point of view.

<

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What Happend to Old Fashioned Merry Christmas?


MERRY CHRISTMAS....On the way home last night, I was listening to the radio when a newscaster called his little 91 year old granny to talk to her about the 'Holidays'. He mentioned that he had noticed that Christmas has become so 'politically correct' that no mention of Christmas is made by most retailers, we now wish people 'Happy Holidays.' His granny said she missed the Old Fashioned Christmas when everyone wished each other 'Merry Christmas'. I thought about it and agree ... so this year I will be making a conscious effort to wish everyone Merry Christmas ... my way of saying that I am celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.


If this offends anybody, I am sorry but I celebrate Christmas the way it should be celebrated by celebrating the birth of Jesus.


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY READERS NO MATTER HOW YOU PERSONALLY CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great site you created Carl. I too miss everyone using the term Merry Christmas. I was born in 1955 and think back to Christmas time in the 60's and have the best memories. BTW Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Christopher

     

Post a Comment

<< Home